Srungavarapukota is located at. It is at an average altitude of 70 meters (232 feet).
S. Kota Mandal had a population of 74,413 in 2001. Males constitutes 36,586 and females 37,827 of the population. This phenomenon of females outnumbering males is an unusual phenomenon. The average literacy rate is 59%. Male literacy rate is 70% and that of females 48%.
There are 40 revenue villages and 26 gram panchayats in Srungavarapukota Mandal.
List of Members of Legislative Assembly:
- 1951 and 1955 - Chaganti Venkata Somayajulu
- 1955 - Gajjala Rama Naidu
- 1962 - Gujala Dharma Naidu
- 1967 - Kolla Appala Naidu
- 1972 - K.V.R.S. Padmanabha Raju
- 1978 - Duru Sanyasi Dora
- 1983, 1985, 1989 and 1994 - Labudu Bariki Dukku
- 1999 - Sobha Hymavathi Devi
- 2004 - Dr. Kumbba Ravi Babu
- 2009 - Kolla Lalitha Kumari
- The Uma Koti Lingeswara Swamy Temple in Punyagiri, tucked in Eastern Ghats is about 4 km from S. Kota and 35 km from Vizianagaram City. It is one of the ancient Shiva temples in the northern Andhra Pradesh. The sanctum has an underground water source which ensures that the Shivalinga is perpetually bathed with water. In the nearby Trimurthi cave, three lingas are installed over which water constantly drops. Mahasivaratri is celebrated at Punyagiri by thousands of devotees from all over the district.it is also a famous place where the great mahabarata events took place.
- The Community Health Centre, Andhra Pradesh Vaidya Vidhana Parishad is located in S.Kota. It has bed strength of 50 in-patients.
- State Bank of India has a branch at Srungavarapukota.
- Andhra Bank has a branch at Srungavarapukota.
- Corporation Bank has a branch at Srungavarapukota.
- There is a post office at Srungavarapukota.
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is located in Kiltampalem.
- Dara Gangamma, a local goddess is being worshiped by everybody here . A festival in a grande note will be celebrated in the month of May at alternate years .There is a strong belief that the town is being protected by the goddess in all the way.
there is a stone crusher at alugubilli village they produce stone chips of size 40mm 20mm 12mm 6mm dust
- number of colleges like intermediate, degree,vocational colleges presented in s.kota
- most worst vocational junior college is AVN vocational junior college having groups like Dairying,Electrical Technician,M.P.H.W(F)new,M.L.T
Movie Theatres: Srinivasa Theatre DTS; Venkateswara Theatre DTS
- "Mandals in Vizianagaram district". District website. Retrieved 2007-02-27.
- Election Commission of India 1978-2004 results. Srungavarapukota 2009 onwards its now genarel
- Vizianagaram tourism
- Details of Andhra Pradesh till Village Panchayat Tier