Grant is a senior fellow at the Lexington Institute. She earned her Ph.D. degree in International Relations from the London School of Economics and has worked for RAND and the United States Air Force.
In 1995, Grant founded IRIS Independent Research.
In 2012, Grant spoke out on the hypoxia issues of the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor and said that many experienced Raptor pilots didn't know anyone who had suffered from the problems and that these did not detract from the deterrence theory value of the aircraft.
- General Billy Mitchell Institute for Airpower Studies
- "Return of the Bomber, The Future of Long-Range Strike"
- Grant, Rebecca (22 April 2013). "Tactical Aircraft and the Preservation of U.S. Air Dominance". Lexington Study. Lexington Institute. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- "Smart Grid Implementation: Strategies for Success." Lexington Institute, May 13, 2010.
- "IRIS Independent Research." 2010.
- Muradian, Vago. "F-22 flight restrictions." Gannett, 20 May 2012.