|New York State Public High School Athletic Association|
|Headquarters||8 Airport Park Blvd.
Latham, NY 12110
|Region served||New York|
|Membership||768 high schools|
|Executive Director||Robert J. Zayas|
|Affiliations||National Federation of State High School Associations|
The New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) is the governing body of interscholastic sports for many schools in New York. It consists of 768 member high schools from the state divided into 11 numbered sections. It is a member of the National Federation of State High School Associations as well as the New York State Federation of Secondary School Athletic Associations.
The NYSPHSAA acknowledges and holds championships for over 30 sports throughout 3 seasons: Fall, Winter and Spring.
The NYSPHSAA is divided into eleven sections by geographical areas.
Note that the following links do not represent the NYPHSAA Sections. The following link to pages for their general, geographic areas. The official membership list is at the NYSPHSAA site.
- Section 1: Most of Dutchess, all of Putnam, Rockland, Westchester
- Section 2: Capital District
- Section 3: Central New York
- Section 4: Southern Tier
- Section 5: Greater Rochester
- Section 6: Buffalo-Niagara
- Section 7: Champlain Area
- Section 8: Nassau County
- Section 9: Orange, Sullivan, Ulster, and part of Dutchess
- Section 10: St. Lawrence Area
- Section 11: Suffolk County
Each section is further divided into classes, by school enrollment size (AA,A,B,C,D).
Typically, each section holds a sectional championship in each sport and class. The sectional champions then meet first in regional competition, then in state competition, to determine the state champion in each class.
- New York State Public High School Athletic Association Boy's Basketball Championships
- New York state high school boys basketball championships