|Joao Ubaldo Ribeiro|
|Born||) January 23, 1941
João Ubaldo Ribeiro is a Brazilian author born in Itaparica, Bahia on January 23, 1941. In the English speaking world his An Invincible Memory has been highly praised.   Several of his books and short tales have been turned into movies and TV series in Brazil. He has been married three times and has four adult offspring.
Awards and Recognitions
- 2010 São Paulo Prize for Literature — Shortlisted in the Best Book of the Year category for O Albatroz Azul
- Setembro não tem sentido (pt) [September has not Sense]. 1968.
- Sargento Getúlio [Sergeant Getúlio]. 1971.
- Vila Real [Real Ville]. 1979.
- Viva o povo brasileiro (Hail the Brazilian People, self-translated as An Invincible Memory) - 1984
- O sorriso do lagarto (The Lizard's Smile) - 1989
- O feitiço da Ilha do Pavão (The Sorcery of the Peacock Island) - 1997
- A casa dos Budas ditosos (The House of the Blessed Buddhas) - 1999
- Diário do Farol (Lighthouse Diary) - 2002
- O Albatroz Azul (The Blue Albatross) - 2009
- Vida e paixão de Pandomar, o cruel [Life and Passion of Pandomar, the Cruel]. 1983.
- A vingança de Charles Tiburone [The Revenge of Charles Tiburone]. 1990.
- MARCO RODRIGO ALMEIDA (29 May 2010). "Prêmio São Paulo de Literatura divulga finalistas". Folha de São Paulo. Retrieved 6 April 2013.