|Member of Parliament
6 May 2010
|Preceded by||Don Touhig|
|Born||1976/1977 (age 36–37)
|Political party||Labour Co-operative|
Early life 
Chris Evans was brought up in the Rhondda valleys. He graduated with a history degree from Trinity College, Carmarthen. Before being elected to Parliament he worked as a bookmaker, in a bank and as a trade union official. He worked as a parliamentary researcher to Islwyn MP Don Touhig for four years.
Parliamentary career 
His maiden speech focused on affordable lending and pay day loans. Since being elected he has campaigned against fuel poverty and in January 2011 led a Westminster Hall debate and spoke out against energy price rises. He is also a campaigner for the introduction of a Presumption of Death Act. He led a Westminster Hall debate on employment opportunities for people with Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Evans is a member of the Justice Select Committee. In July 2012, after two years as an MP, he was promoted to the Shadow Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs as Parliamentary Private Secretary to shadow Secretary of State Mary Creagh
Dangerous dogs 
On 19 January 2012, Evans revealed that he had been attacked by a dog which left a one inch scar on his middle finger as he called on the government to take action against irresponsible dog owners. Since then, he has been campaigning to promote responsible dog ownership. In May 2012 he held a Westminster Hall debate on dangerous dog legislation and called on the government to introduce the compulsory microchipping of all dogs, recorded by a single national database.
Banking Responsibility and Disclosure Bill 
In March 2012 Chris Evans MP introduced a ten minute rule bill called 'The Banking Responsibility and Disclosure Bill' which aimed to tackle the growing problem of financial exclusion to ensure that banks are responsible for their actions. He has written several articles on this topic.
- "Chris Evans". Retrieved 21 November 2012. Unknown parameter
- "Biography". Chris Evans.
- Telegraph (London) http://ukpolitics.telegraph.co.uk/Islwyn/Chris+Evans
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Christopher Evans: Electoral history and profile". Guardian (Manchester).
- Tiedemann, Martin (1 June 2010). "New Co-op MP calls for support for credit unions". The Cooperative Party. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Islwyn MP campaigns for Presumption of Death Act". Caerphilly Observer. 6 September 2011. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Westminster Hall debates: 31 January 2012". UK Parliament. 1 February 2012. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Chris Evans". UK Parliament. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- "Topical Questions — Environment, Food and Rural Affairs". They Work For You. 19 January 2012. Retrieved 15 April 2012.
- [http: http://www.caerphillyobserver.co.uk/news/585462/chris-evans-mp-on-why-dangerous-dog-laws-need-to-go-further/]
- Official website
- Chris Evans MP Welsh Labour Party profile
- Profile at Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Current session contributions in Parliament at Hansard
- Electoral history and profile at The Guardian
- Voting record at PublicWhip.org
- Record in Parliament at TheyWorkForYou.com
- Profile at Westminster Parliamentary Record
- Profile at BBC News Democracy Live
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
|Member of Parliament for Islwyn