Ballycullane Railway Station opened on 1 August 1906. In its final years the rail service consisted of a solitary train in each direction between Rosslare Europort and Waterford. The rail service ceased after the passage of the evening train on Saturday 18 September 2010 (http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/general_news.asp?action=view&news_id=900). Bus Éireann Route 373 serves Ballycullane on Tuesdays only: http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1284565124-371372373.pdf
The village also contains a R.C. church and an adjoining cemetery. This church was built in 1840, but it was extensively renovated in 1970, giving it a much more modern appearance. Ballycullane is part of the parish of Tintern.
Back in the 1830s, the farming family of Michael and Catherine Sutton Redmond was located nearby and in 1834, at least one of their male children, James Redmond, was born and baptised there. Michael's family was a large one, with their oldest child having been born in 1820. In 1850, Michael, his wife, and most of their children including James had emigrated to America and Michael had purchased a farm in Vernon Township, near [Lake Forest, Illinois]. Their coming to America was preceded by their married daughter, Anastasia Redmond Nolan, Anastacia's husband James and their daughter Mary, who were living in Chicago by 1850.